Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Current State of Heart

Written April 6, 2012

As I sit here and gaze upon the magnificence of your creation,
I contemplate the horizon of your majesty.
I am swayed ever so gently by the waves of your promises
As I listen closely to the sound of your voice
And feel the wind of your embrace.
I’m INSPIRED.
I’ve traveled from sunrise to sunset
Across an entire nation that I call home.
As far as the east is from the west you forgive my transgressions and your kingdom expands.
I am nothing but a vessel.
I’m at the other end of the small world you’ve given me,
But to you,
An ending is just another beginning.

Your artistry reminds me of poetry.
The way nature and language intertwine to spark not only sight,
But vision.
I want to write a poem.
I want to write a poem that writes itself, just like your creation.
I want to write a poem that is subject to interpretation but needs no vindication.
I want to write a poem with an ink pen where crossing out the mistakes paints a picture of your face.
I want to write a poem where I am not the author.
I want to write a poem that empowers the reader.
I want to write a poem that is always changing but never changes.
I want to write a poem that is worth nothing, but worthy of everything.
I want to write a poem that doesn’t seek to explain, but to discover.
I want to write a poem that moves and doesn’t leave the reader stagnant.
I want to write a poem that travels long distances across a freeway of hearts.
I want to write a poem that inspires change,
Where those who need won’t need and those who want won’t want.
I want to write a poem that gives a voice to those who aren’t heard.
I want to write a poem with a loud whisper.
I want to write a poem with a gentle scream.
I want to write a conservative poem.
I want to write a liberal poem.
I want to write a poem that challenges those who agree and loves those who disagree.
I want to write a poem committed to the reader.
I want to write a poem that conquers fear.
I want to write a poem that convicts and understands.
I want to write a poem of grace and discipline.
I want to write a poem that doesn’t know where it’s going but never stops writing.
I want to write a poem that never ends.
I want to write a poem that leaves a legacy.
I want to write a poem that’s long enough to be eternal, but short enough to be remembered.
I want this poem to be FREE.
I want to write a poem that is proclaimed on a mountain top and cannot be silenced.
I want to write a poem that takes the reader by the hand to the top of that mountain.
I want to write a poem that never lets go.
I want to write a poem that the illiterate can read.
I want to write a poem that the deaf can hear.
I want to write a poem that the blind can see.
I want to write a poem that the cripple can walk.
I want to write a poem that reflects your Word,
Limited but has no limits.
I want to write a poem that reflects your Image,
The brilliant sculpture of humanity.
I want to write a poem that sacrifices.
I want to write a poem that resurrects,
That dies only to never die.
I want to write a poem compiled of other poems.

This poem has no ending.
This poem may be confusing.
This poem may be enlightening.
This poem may say too much.
This poem may say too little.
This poem WILL edify.
This poem WILL change.
This poem WILL love.
This poem WILL live.

I want to see a poem.
I want to hear a poem.
I want to smell a poem.
I want to taste, touch, and feel a poem.
I want to breathe a poem.
I want to live a poem.

I want to BE. YOUR. POEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment